What I have learned (checklist for future sewing)
- Make absolutely sure that you have enough fabric for the pattern! No guessing, measure!!!
- Don't attach the lining to the outer fabric until the very end, as to make sure that NO seams are visible!
- When attaching the skirt to the top... make absolutely sure that it's sewn onto the correct height, by pinning it on first while wearing it!
- Buy enough thread for the entire piece.
- Have enough time to re-do at least a few of the seams, as some things will probably always go wrong.
As you might have guessed, I haven't finished the dress yet. I'm bringing the dress to work today so I can untack a couple of seams which I must re-do tonight, if I can just get a hold of some more thread. Keep your fingers crossed... I have to finish it tonight, no excuses!