Here is my fourth contribution to the Värma liten project ("warming a little one", see previous posts for explanation), a blue needlebound babyhat with a green heart.
Now, I must say this isn't the prettiest baby hat ever created. But from my point of view it's actually quite a large step forward, since the green heart wasn't added to the surface after completion, it's not embroidered or an application, it's actually a part of the needlebound fabric. Previously I experimented with just a line of a different color going in the "wrong" direction, but this is the first time I've actually managed to make a real pattern. It's not amazing, but it works. So the next step is to adjust the pattern more to the thickness of yarn and size of the stitches so that the image doesn't look as rough (it's almost like it has too few pixels, if you know what I mean, making the image look unsharp!).
Anyhow, even though this particular baby hat isn't the prettiest in the world I hope that it will be both useful and comfortable, so I'm sending it with the other baby hats I've made. Lastly, here it is together with the last hat I made, the red one with a green flower.