Friday, June 10, 2011

Making buttons!

I have been putting it off for a long time... but as of yesterday I have begun the great work of making buttons for our 14th century outfits. Since I have never ever made buttons before it has taken a bit of experimenting, but I think I've managed creating something that will work. Unfortunately, the fabric has turned out to be horribly easily unravelled, and the buttons don't end up very neat on the underside. But right now I don't care, I just have to get the buttons done!
The wooden thingy to the right may not be entirely historically correct, but hey... at this point in time, with so little time left, I just have to get it done so I don't mind a little innocent cheating. 


1 comment:

  1. p.s. Thank you Cissi for showing me how to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete